In the broadest sense, I do research regarding how to bridge operations research, statistics and machine learning together. I have a particular interest in studying multi-stage stochastic systems where data-driven decision making is involved, and their applications in supply chain and revenue management.
- Hanzhang Qin, David Simchi-Levi, Li Wang. "Data-Driven Approximation Schemes for Joint Pricing and Inventory Control Models", Management Science (Accepted). [SSRN]
- Kirby Ledvina, Hanzhang Qin, David Simchi-Levi, Yehua Wei. "A New Approach for Vehicle Routing with Stochastic Demand: Combining Route Assignment with Process Flexibility", Operations Research (Major Revision). [SSRN]
- Supply Chain Management SIG Meeting, MSOM Conference 2021
- Louis L Chen, Rong Jin, Hanzhang Qin, David Simchi-Levi, Zirun Zhang. "Distributionally Robust Omnichannel Stocking Decisions in Quick Fulfillment Systems". [SSRN]
- Hanzhang Qin, Zhi-Hai Zhang, Danyu Bai. "Permutation Flowshop Group Scheduling with Position-Based Learning Effect." Computers & Industrial Engineering 92 (2016): 1-15. [link]
Work in Progress
- Hanzhang Qin, David Simchi-Levi, Ruihao Zhu. "Provably Sample-Efficient Inventory Control", in preparation.
- Hanzhang Qin, David Simchi-Levi. "Trading Safety Stock with Service Response Time for Inventory Positioning", in preparation.
- Hanzhang Qin, "Density Estimation via Bernstein Polynomials with Combinatorial Shape Constraints", in preparation. [code]